Monday, June 2, 2008

Learn Chinese online - Chinese Lesson

.

.

Guide to Chinese
Living in China

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.04 seconds; generated 4 minute(s) ago. Search: Posts Made By: HashiriKata

Forum: Speaking and Listening 2nd April 2006, 06:31 PM

Replies: 62

Listening Exercise (and 成语)

Views: 4,508

Posted By HashiriKata

Many thanks to bomaci & semantic nuance for...

Many thanks to bomaci & semantic nuance for the corrections.

semantic nuance, the simplified form for 隻 is 只, so my original 只 is correct. Also, your
correction 不过来ㄧ了匹马 should be re-corrected as...

Forum: Speaking and Listening 2nd April 2006, 03:27 AM

Replies: 62

Listening Exercise (and 成语)

Views: 4,508

Posted By HashiriKata

Hi, as promised in an earlier post, I've managed...

Hi, as promised in an earlier post, I've managed to get all the remaining fables transcribed with
this post, and I hope this thread as a whole will be good learning material for some people. As...

Forum: Speaking and Listening 29th March 2006, 09:52 PM

Replies: 62

Listening Exercise (and 成语)

Views: 4,508

Posted By HashiriKata

In spite of trying :mrgreen: , I couldn't find...

In spite of trying :mrgreen: , I couldn't find any problem in your transcription, except the 2
typos near the end of the passage:

注意 (should be 主意)
才或是去骗人的人 (should be without 才)

Cheers,

Forum: Speaking and Listening 29th March 2006, 06:15 PM

Replies: 62

Listening Exercise (and 成语)

Views: 4,508

Posted By HashiriKata

Very good work, semantic nuance! I'm thinking of...

Very good work, semantic nuance!

I'm thinking of tidying up all the remaining fables at the end of this week, so if anyone wants to
try by then, it is your last chance! :mrgreen:

Forum: Speaking and Listening 22nd March 2006, 02:14 AM

Replies: 62

Listening Exercise (and 成语)

Views: 4,508

Posted By HashiriKata

Bomaci, I'm afraid you have to try again...

Bomaci,
I'm afraid you have to try again :mrgreen: .
It's an excellent effort but it's already been done (on page 2) :wink:

Forum: Speaking and Listening 19th March 2006, 04:30 PM

Replies: 62

Listening Exercise (and 成语)

Views: 4,508

Posted By HashiriKata

Thanks for the corrections, SN! With the fable...

Thanks for the corrections, SN!

With the fable you transcribed, I think you're right, the name should be 長 instead of 張.
(I also think that as a double surname, 長孫 should be read as Zhang3sun1...

Forum: Speaking and Listening 19th March 2006, 05:07 AM

Replies: 62

Listening Exercise (and 成语)

Views: 4,508

Posted By HashiriKata

As I have a little more time at the weekend, I've...

As I have a little more time at the weekend, I've managed to listen & transcribe 3 more fables. I
hope there're not many mistakes in them but you can make it your listening exercise by trying to
spot...

Forum: Speaking and Listening 17th March 2006, 03:17 AM

Replies: 62

Listening Exercise (and 成语)

Views: 4,508

Posted By HashiriKata

Many thanks, semantic nuance! I'm so pleased...

Many thanks, semantic nuance!

I'm so pleased that I've got it almost perfect (the 担子/ 膽子 mix-up could be blamed on Bill
Gates for not knowing Chinese :mrgreen: )

Forum: Speaking and Listening 16th March 2006, 05:35 PM

Replies: 62

Listening Exercise (and 成语)

Views: 4,508

Posted By HashiriKata

Hi semantic nuance, I think it's a great idea to...

Hi semantic nuance,

I think it's a great idea to have a thread for the vocab & translations of the fables. I didn't do
it initially because my first objective is listening practice, and translation...

Forum: Speaking and Listening 16th March 2006, 03:32 PM

Replies: 62

Listening Exercise (and 成语)

Views: 4,508

Posted By HashiriKata

No need to apologize, SN! You've done great and...

No need to apologize, SN! You've done great and without your contributions, I suspect that we may
not be able to get all the 15 fables out. Anyway, you can still help us with correcting our
output...

Forum: Speaking and Listening 15th March 2006, 03:39 AM

Replies: 62

Listening Exercise (and 成语)

Views: 4,508

Posted By HashiriKata

I think you're right with 他轻轻地敲了一下. I think your...

I think you're right with 他轻轻地敲了一下.
I think your "xing4fan4" would also make sense with 姓范 (= the surname Fan), so it would be:
这个人到一个姓范的家里去偷东西,范家已经搬家了,东西都搬走了,...

So, here we are, the complete...

Forum: Speaking and Listening 15th March 2006, 02:23 AM

Replies: 62

Listening Exercise (and 成语)

Views: 4,508

Posted By HashiriKata

That's good, nipponman, and good luck! :) . Ok,...

That's good, nipponman, and good luck! :) .

Ok, I've managed to type out Fable No 2 but there are still 2 words I don't quite catch (the
sentences in red below). Anyone knows what can these words...

Forum: Speaking and Listening 15th March 2006, 01:45 AM

Replies: 62

Listening Exercise (and 成语)

Views: 4,508

Posted By HashiriKata

Hi Bomaci, I've come round to the idea that we...

Hi Bomaci,

I've come round to the idea that we just simply put out the materials and let people use it the
way that best suits them, so you are doing fine :) . (I'm myself typing out No 2: 掩耳盗铃
at...

Forum: Speaking and Listening 14th March 2006, 11:23 PM

Replies: 62

Listening Exercise (and 成语)

Views: 4,508

Posted By HashiriKata

No problems, semantic nuance, there are more than...

No problems, semantic nuance, there are more than one way to Rome :mrgreen: ! I only hope that
eventually we'll all together get to the heart of all the 14 fables.

Cheers,

Forum: Speaking and Listening 14th March 2006, 11:07 PM

Replies: 62

Listening Exercise (and 成语)

Views: 4,508

Posted By HashiriKata

LOL! I didn't anticipate we'd complete the story...

LOL! I didn't anticipate we'd complete the story so soon. :mrgreen: So, I can only say thanks to
SN for his hearty completion of the first fable.

There are still another 13 fables to decipher but...

Forum: Speaking and Listening 14th March 2006, 07:00 PM

Replies: 62

Listening Exercise (and 成语)

Views: 4,508

Posted By HashiriKata

Listening Exercise (and 成语)

Hi,

http://www.wellesley.edu/Chinese/Chinese_Fables/index/index.html

I came across this listening section focusing on the Chinese chengyu: very clear, short audio
recordings of the stories behind...

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:39 PM.

-- Default Style ---- Larger Fonts -- vB3 Lite -- 简体中文 -- 繁體中文 -- English (US)
Contact Us -   - Archive - Top

Learn Chinese, Chinese Mandarin, Learning Materials, Mandarin audio lessons, Chinese writing lessons, Chinese vocabulary lists, About chinese characters, News in Chinese, Go to China, Travel to China, Study in China, Teach in China, Dictionaries, Learn Chinese Painting, Your name in Chinese, Chinese calligraphy, Chinese songs, Chinese proverbs, Chinese poetry, Chinese tattoo, Beijing 2008 Olympics, Mandarin Phrasebook, Chinese editor, Pinyin editor, China Travel, Travel to Beijing,

No comments: